Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gin Blossoms - New Album & Acoustic Show: No Chocolate Cake

I just returned home from seeing the Gin Blossoms celebrate the release of their new album with an acoustic performance and signing at the Best Buy in Tempe Marketplace.

18 years ago, my brother and I were at the release party for their first album at the old Tower Records in Mesa, and it was great to be around tonight for the release of their newest album 'No Chocolate Cake.'

I walked in as they were playing their biggest hit 'Hey Jealousy' followed by 'Til I Hear It From You.'  It was great to see so many people packed into the store, singing along.  :)  

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but am definitely looking forward to it.  I chatted with our friend Robin Wilson, Gin Blossoms vocalist, who sang on a couple of tracks on the latest Audra album.  He seemed really excited about their new album.  

It was a great night and I am proud of my hometown brothers!

Get your copy of 'No Chocolate Cake' at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment