Friday, July 19, 2013

Ranking Peter Murphy - from 'Should The World Fail To Fall Apart' to 'Ninth'

Today marks the fifth edition of a special series within my weekly feature, Friday On The Turntable - instead of looking at one album, I am featuring all of Peter Murphy's studio albums from 1986 - 2011 - and ranking them! It was a mammoth task, and proved frustrating when putting albums that I love against other ones that I love. Nonetheless, I've provided a ranked list - from #8 (good) - #1 (the best).

If you would like the short / textual version of the list, please scroll past the video. If you would like to watch my video discussion, check out the embedded video below - and be sure to click 'Subscribe' on my Youtube channel - for immediate access to all of my video posts. As always, I look forward to reading your comments and feedback. Click on any of the album titles if you'd like to purchase them. At the very bottom of this article is a link to a Peter Murphy playlist that I created on Spotify.

As mentioned in the video, here is a link to my band Audra's Bandcamp Site. Thank you!

Here we go...



The text/pics version is below - don't scroll down yet if you want to enjoy the video.






3 Favorite Songs: Things To Remember, Fake Sparkle Or Golden Dust?, My Last Two Weeks
3 Favorite Songs: Idle Flow, Give What He's Got, Thelma Sings To Little Nell



3 Favorite Songs: God Sends, Canvas Beauty, Never Man


#5. Ninth (2011)
3 Favorite Songs: Uneven & Brittle, I Spit Roses, The Prince & Old Lady Shade

3 Favorite Songs: Hit Song, Keep Me From Harm, Our Secret Garden

3 Favorite Songs: Socrates The Python, Dragnet Drag, My Last Two Weeks
3 Favorite Songs: Marlene Dietrich's Favourite Poem, Crystal Wrists, Cuts You Up

3 Favorite Songs: I'll Fall With Your Knife, The Scarlet Thing In You, Wild Birds Flock To Me... actually, the whole album!

Check out my Spotify playlist


If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube


1 comment: