Friday, April 18, 2014

Ranking JAMES - from Stutter to The Morning After The Night Before

Today marks the tenth edition of a special series within my weekly feature, Friday On The Turntable - instead of looking at one album, I am featuring all of the studio albums from the Manchester band - James - and ranking them. It was a mammoth task, and proved frustrating when putting albums that I love against other ones that I love. Nonetheless, I've provided a ranked list - from #11 (good) - #1 (the best). 

If you would like the short / textual version of the list, please scroll past the video. If you would like to watch my video discussion, check out the embedded video below - and be sure to click 'Subscribe' on my Youtube channel - for immediate access to all of my video posts. As always, I look forward to reading your comments and feedback. Click on any of the album titles if you'd like to purchase them. At the very bottom of this article is a link to a James playlist that I created in Spotify, which features my 3 favorite songs from each album - along with a couple other songs that I wanted you to hear. :)

And as always, here is a link to my band Audra's Bandcamp Site. Thank you!



The text/pics version is below - don't scroll down yet if you want to enjoy the video.




Click on any album cover to listen/purchase

#11: Stutter (1986)

3 Favorite Songs: Johnny Yen, So Many Ways, Scarecrow

#10: Strip-mine (1988)
3 Favorite Songs: What For, Fairground, Ya Ho

#09: Gold Mother (1990)
3 Favorite Songs: Come Home, Top Of The World, Crescendo

#08: The Morning After The Night Before (2010)
3 Favorite Songs: Tell Her I Said So, Ten Below, Porcupine

#07: Millionaires (1999)
3 Favorite Songs: Just Like Fred Astaire, Surprise, Someone's Got It In For Me

#06: Pleased To Meet You (2001)
3 Favorite Songs: The Shining, Getting Away With It (All Messed Up), English Beefcake

#05: Wah Wah (1994)
4 Favorite Songs: Pressure's On, Jam J, Honest Joe, Basic Brian

#04: Hey Ma (2008)
3 Favorite Songs: Hey Ma, I Wanna Go Home, Boom Boom

#03: Whiplash (1997)
3 Favorite Songs: Lost A Friend, Waltzing Along, Avalanche

#02: Seven (1992)
3 Favorite Songs: Seven, Sound, Don't Wait That Long

#01: Laid (1993)
3 Favorite Songs: Sometimes, Out To Get You, Lullaby

MY JAMES PLAYLIST:

The video for 'Hey Ma':


If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)


Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment