Sunday, February 13, 2011

'Love' Songs. Valentine's Day Mix: Part 1

Love songs come in all forms. Some are your basic kind, some are about lost love, and some are a weird, stalker-ish obsessive kind of love.  As you've probably noticed from my blog, I have pretty eclectic tastes.... so, without further hesitation, please enjoy your Valentine's Day 2011 mixtape.  

Click on any of the links to purchase songs - or scroll down to the bottom for an ongoing Spotify playlist. And don't forget to check out more Valentine's Day Mixes here.


From the album The Boatman's Call (1997)
"I don't believe in the existence of angels, but looking at you I wonder if that's true"

From the album 12 Songs (2005)
"If you think of me in a year or two, find that photograph showing me with you.  What you see is what should be...evermore"

From the album Millionaires (1999)
"Cause when I hold her in my arms I feel like Fred Astaire"



From the album Plans (2005)
"If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark"

From the album The Velvet Underground (1969)
"Thought of you as everything I've had but couldn't keep"

From the album Audra (2000)
"I could use a girl like you... in my basement"



From the album Space Oddity (1969)
"But did you ever call my name just by mistake?"

From the album I Am the Cosmos (1992)
"They say my love for you ain't real, but you don't know how real it feels"

From the album Escape (1981)
"So now I come to you with open arms, nothing to hide"



From the album Disintegration (1989)
"There was nothing in the world that I ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart"

From the album Pet Sounds (1966)
"God only knows what I'd be without you"

From the album Heathen Chemistry (2002)
"Never felt this love for anyone.  She's not anyone"



From the album Radio City (1974)
"I didn't know this could happen to me"

From the album Up (1998)
"I save your messages just to hear your voice"

From the album From a Basement on the Hill (2004)
"I could make you smile if you stayed a while"



From the album Into the Light (1986)
"It's just you and me.  It's where I want to be"

From the album Nothing's Shocking (1988)
"She loves me.  I mean it's serious... as serious can be"

Listen in on Spotify


If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

2 comments: