Monday, January 17, 2011

Snark Clip-On Chromatic Guitar and Bass Tuner: Product Review

I've been wanting to get a clip-on tuner for a while, so I don't have to always plug my instruments into my stage pedal tuner. I was looking around Amazon the other day and came across the Snark Tuner. It's blue color jumped out at me and the price - less than $12!

So, I've had it for a few days and I have to say that I am really liking it. The needle doesn't jump around like some of the other handheld tuners I've tried in the past. It turns on and off immediately with the convenient button located right under the colorful, digital screen.

The great thing about these clip-on tuners is that they work off of vibrations, so for electric guitar, you don't even have to be plugged in! I've tried it on electric and acoustic guitars, as well as electric bass and it did a great job on all of them. Some versions also have a metronome and a button to transpose for capo use!

The Snark also comes in black and red. Buy it here on Amazon

Here it is in action:



If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)

Follow us on Facebook


2 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree,love the snark! also. I use it for all my guitars/bass,etc.. also have a gogo TT-1 tuner as well both work great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Tony. My snark is still going strong! Lots of my friends have been getting one after seeing mine. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers, Bret.

    ReplyDelete