Friday, October 15, 2010

The National live in Tempe, AZ - October 14th, 2010

I just returned home from Los Angeles where I saw one of my favorite bands, James.  Exhausted and hungry, I just couldn't pass up seeing The National at The Marquee in Tempe, AZ.

Owen Pallett opened the show - I believe it is the first band that I've seen where the singer plays violin at the same time.  Pretty cool stuff.

The National sounded great and were enhanced live by trumpet and trombone.  They performed a great deal of their new record, High Violet, which has been getting considerable play on my turntable since the day it was released.  I love it when bands do not save their 'hits' for the encore, so I was happy that 'Bloodbuzz Ohio' and 'Apartment Story' were performed early.  I also enjoyed singer Matt Berninger's random screams during a few songs.  :)

There are still a few U.S. dates left, be sure to catch them.

Set list:
Runaway
Anyone's Ghost
Brainy
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Slow Show
Squalor Victoria
Afraid Of Everyone
Baby, We'll Be Fine
Conversation 16
Apartment Story
Sorrow
Abel
Mistaken For Strangers
England
Fake Empire

Encore:
All The Wine
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

I found this video up on the youtube from the show.  Please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment