15. Will Never Marry - The B-side to Everyday Is Like Sunday. Such a beautiful arrangement of acoustic guitar and strings. The woman shouting 'Steven' in the background is producer Stephen Street's wife who was visiting the studio the day it was recorded.
Memorable quote: I will live my life as I will undoubtedly die - alone.
Memorable quote: There is no one on earth I'm afraid of.
13. Life Is A Pigsty - My favorite track from 2006's Ringleader Of The Tormentors. In an interview with The Sun upon its release, Morrissey had this to say, "I think life for many people is a pigsty... and I don't think the world is a particularly fantastic place. But once again, we're not supposed to say these things, are we? It's supposed to be rock 'n roll, and wild, and beer, and madness. I'm just being realistic."
Memorable quote: Life is a pigsty and if you don't know this, then what do you know?
12. First Of The Gang To Die - Also from You Are The Quarry, this great track fits in with the other Morrissey crime songs, such as The Last Of The Famous International Playboys. Although it wasn't released until 2004, it was played live on his August 2002 tour - as witnessed by yours truly on his stop in Phoenix at The Celebrity Theatre. It was so memorable that when I bought the album 2 years later, I recognized it immediately.
Memorable quote: I've been stabbed in the back so many many times, I don't have skin but that's just the way it goes.
Memorable quote: Your weary wife is walking away. Your nephew is true, he still thinks the world of you and I have to dry my eyes.
Memorable quote: Come Armageddon, come.
Memorable quote: Everyone I love in the house will recline on an analyst's couch quite soon.
07. Interesting Drug - Originally planned to be a part of his second solo album, Interesting Drug ended up being a single that was then a part of his first compilation Bona Drag, which collected his early singles and b-sides. Making up part of his backing band on this track are former Smiths, Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke. Backing vocals provided by Kirsty MacColl.
Memorable quote: Because enough is too much.
Memorable quote: No one knows a thing about my life. I can come and go as I please.
Memorable quote: Now see her mime in time so nicely. It would all have been so clear if only she had never volunteered.
Memorable quote: Why do you come here when you know it makes things hard for me?
03. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Most likely one of everyone's favorite Morrissey songs. Former Smiths, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce, make an appearance on this track addressed to the gangster Kray brothers. According to author Simon Goddard, one of the Krays gave his 'approval' of the song, stating he 'liked the tune,' but felt the lyrics were 'lacking a little.'
Memorable quote: I never wanted to kill, I'm not naturally evil. Such things I do just to make myself more attractive to you. Have I failed?
Memorable quote: I've always been true to you, in my own sick way I'll always stay true to you.
Memorable quote: You without clothes, oh I could not keep a straight face. Me without clothes, well a nation turns its back and gags.