Friday, February 7, 2014

Ranking David Bowie Part 2: From Let's Dance to The Next Day

Today marks the ninth edition of a special series within my weekly feature, Friday On The Turntable. Instead of looking at one album, I am featuring the second half of David Bowie's studio albums - from 1983 - 2013 - and ranking them! It was a mammoth task, and proved frustrating when putting albums that I love against other ones that I love. Nonetheless, I've provided a ranked list - from #13 (decent) - #1 (the best). 

If you would like the short / textual version of the list, please scroll past the video. If you would like to watch my video discussion, check out the embedded video below - and be sure to click 'Subscribe' on my Youtube channel . As always, I look forward to reading your comments and feedback. Click on any of the album titles if you'd like to purchase them. At the very bottom of this article is a link to a David Bowie playlist that I created in Spotify, which features my 3 favorite songs from each album, and links for some other items I discussed/showed in the video.

And as always, here is a link to my band Audra's Bandcamp Site. Thank you!


If you missed Part 1: Ranking David Bowie from Space Oddity (1969) to Scary Monsters (1980) - here's the link




The text/pics version is below - don't scroll down yet if you want to enjoy the video.




3 Favorite Songs: Baby Can Dance, Prisoner of Love, Bus Stop

3 Favorite Songs: Time Will Crawl, Beat Of Your Drum, Zeroes

3 Favorite Songs: The Wedding Song, Jump They Say, Nite Flights

3 Favorite Songs: Loving The Alien, God Only Knows, Blue Jean

3 Favorite Songs: Goodbye Mr. Ed, Baby Universal, Betty Wrong


3 Favorite Songs: Seven, The Pretty Things Are Going To Hell, Thursday's Child


3 Favorite Songs: Let's Dance, China Girl, Modern Love


3 Favorite Songs: Days, Fall Dog Bombs The Moon, The Loneliest Guy

3 Favorite Songs: The Buddha of Suburbia, The Mysteries, Dead Against It

3 Favorite Songs: Where Are We Now, Heat, The Stars Are Out Tonight

3 Favorite Songs: Dead Man Walking, Battle For Britain (The Letter), I'm Afraid of Americans

3 Favorite Songs: Slip Away, Slow Burn, Heathen (The Rays)

3 Favorite Songs: Strangers When We Meet, Heart's Filthy Lesson, I'm Deranged


My Bowie 1983 - 2013 Best of Playlist:

If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment