Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Live at Revolver Records, Phoenix, AZ, April 14, 2011

Independent record stores have become a dying breed, but I gotta tell you that here in Phoenix we are fortunate to have some killer shops still standing. Zia, Stinkweeds, Hoodlums, Rockzone and the host of a rad free show today - Revolver Records.

On the way to Coachella, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart stopped in Phoenix to perform a free show on the patio of Revolver.  I have their self-titled debut and really didn't really give it a chance to grow on me.  But when I saw the announcement yesterday for the show at one of my favorite record stores, I couldn't pass it up to check them out live.

Promoting their freshly-released second album, Belong, NYC's The Pains of Being Pure at Heart really impressed me with their catchy, melodic tunes. They're a five-piece band with keyboards, a bright youthful energy and conjure up The Jesus And Mary Chain a little, although quite a bit more cheery. Be sure to check them out while they are still on the road.  Tour dates are posted here.

A huge thank you to Revolver for hosting tonight's show. Please enjoy some photos and a live video for their newest single 'Heart In Your Heartbreak.' The album Belong can be purchased online by clicking here. I grabbed a vinyl copy at the show tonight and I gotta tell you, I'm really digging it.





"Heart In Your Heartbreak" - Live at Revolver Records, April 14, 2011
(Sorry for the shaky cam!)


Images taken by yours truly, Bret Helm.

The official video for "Heart In Your Heartbreak"


2 comments:

  1. "Belong" left me flat... too much production. We saw them last year and it was a good show. The crowd - though small was a mix of tweens and folks my age noticing the JAMC influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. We have total opposite sides on this one, Haloe. :)

    ReplyDelete