Day 29-30 of my Horror Film Marathon
October 29, 2010
Amityville II: The Possession (1982)
Surprisingly, I have never seen any of the Amityville sequels. So today, I streamed this one on Netflix. The story in Amityville II actually pre-dates the first film. The Montelli family move into the Amityville house and for a few hours, everyone is happy. Then the weird stuff starts to happen... mirrors fall off the wall, crucifixes get covered up, the older brother becomes possessed and seduces his sister, etc. It wasn't too bad. It got a little bit carried away at the end, but oh well. It is what it is... and it was a fun movie to watch.
1. On the wall in Sonny's room hangs a Rocky poster. Sonny's dad is portrayed by Burt Young, who was in the Rocky movies as Paulie
2. The movie was filmed almost entirely in a studio in Mexico
3. James Olson, who plays a priest in Amityville II, also was a priest on the TV show Little House On The Prairie
October 30, 2010
30 Days Of Night (2007)
I love this movie. I've seen it probably 10 times and I never get tired of it. A small Alaskan town goes dark for 30 days each year... so what better place for thirsty vampires to hunt their prey! Buy this movie, you'll love it!
1. The film was shot entirely in New Zealand in 70 days
2. The language that the vampires speak was created for the film with the help of a professor of linguistics in New Zealand