Wednesday, November 10, 2010

iPod Shuffle: Part 4

In an effort to listen to songs that don't get much intentional play on my iPod, I present Part 4 of my 'iPod Shuffle.'  Many of you have done this on Facebook by selecting Shuffle on your mp3 player, writing down the first 10 songs that come up and listening to them.  No cheating!  Here are the 10 songs that came up for me.  Please share your ten in the comments section below.  - Bret


1.  Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack
Wow.  This is pretty great.  The last track on 2000's Kid A.  Haven't listened to this one enough.  Glad this came up on the shuffle.  Replay.  :)


2.  David Bowie - Up The Hill Backwards
Scary Monsters 1980.  I've heard this many times.  Quirky with bizarre lead guitar and reminiscent of 1973's Panic In Detroit.


3.  Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
This song is just plain rad.  My favorite by them.


4.  Suede - My Dark Star
Suede's B-sides were just as strong as their album tracks.  This song is no exception.  Love it.


5.  Lou Reed & John Cale - Nobody But You
From Reed and Cale's tribute to Andy Warhol: Songs For Drella.  This is a good one.


6.  Bret Helm - Where Do Kids Go?
An unreleased song that I wrote back in the 90s.


7.  The Beatles - Money (That's What I Want)
Old school Beatles.  I think this is the first time this song has ever been played on my iPod.  Not a big fan of this song.


8.  Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Intact
I love this band.  Two bass players and a really unique sound.  From their 2nd album, Are You Normal?  Replay.


9.  Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
You and I have heard it a million times.  Brilliant.


10. Bright Eyes - Blue Angels Air Show
I saw the Blue Angels perform when I was a teenager at Williams Air Force Base in Arizona.  It was pretty cool.  I don't think I've ever heard this song before.  A friend of mine gave me the vinyl version of this album for my birthday one year.

2 comments:

  1. What can you tell us about "Where Do Kids Go?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lew: Well, I remember recording it on a 4-track tape machine in my parent's garage. I would suspect it's from somewhere between 1996-1998. There are two versions - I re-recorded it in 2006 as a demo for Everything Changes, or a solo album.

    ReplyDelete