Thursday, December 30, 2010

The 10 Best Movies I Watched on Netflix in 2010 (and the worst)

I was just looking at my movie history in Netflix - which goes back for several years now - and decided to submit a list here of the best movies (and TV shows) I rented thru Netflix in 2010.  They didn't all come out in 2010, but that's when I watched them. Please enjoy.

01.  The King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters
If you have not seen this one, you need to get it right now. It's a documentary about some guys that are competing for the world's record in Donkey Kong.  Sound ridiculous?


02.  Jennifer's Body
Totally my kind of movie.  :)  I loved it so much that I bought it.


03.  Hard Candy
Wow.  This one is really disturbing.  I don't want to give too much away about it, so I won't say anything.  Definitely worth seeing.  Stars Ellen Paige from Juno.


04.  They Call Me Trinity
My Dad would rent the 2 Trinity movies when my brothers and I were kids back in Stone Park, Illinois.  We'd rent movies from the Dominick's store on the corner of Mannheim and Lake Street.  Anyways, it's a spoof of the Italian Western films of the 1960s.


05.  American Movie
My brother recommended this one to me for quite a while and I finally got around to watching it this year.  It's a documentary about a guy making a low budget movie called Coven.  This one's from 1999 and is really good.


06.  Suck
I watched this one in my Horror Film Marathon back in October.  Check out my review here.


07.  District 9
Worth it just to hear the sound of the alien Christopher Johnson's voice.  This is a unique story about the sad encampment of some sick aliens.  Really good.


08.  Crazy Heart
Jeff Bridges is great as Bad Blake, a down-and-out country singer.  I like to describe this movie as a country version of The Wrestler.


09.  Zombieland
A zombie comedy starring Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Bill Murray and that guy from the Facebook movie.  I really enjoyed this one.


10.  The Hangover / Hot Tub Time Machine / Get Him To The Greek
Hilarious.  I loved all three of these.


The Six Best TV Shows I Watched in 2010

01.  Big Love:  Seasons 1-3
Who would've thought a show about polygamists would've been so captivating?  Can't wait for Season 4 to come out on January 4th.
I never saw a single show when it was on television, so on a whim I added it to the queue and got addicted.  Great show.


03.  Beverly Hills 90210: Season 9
Such a guilty pleasure.  I'm currently watching the final season right now.
The final season.  Was sad to see it end, but it definitely ran its course.
And to think I almost sent the the first season back after watching only 2 episodes.  Looking forward to the release of Season 3.
Wow.  I really need to get Showtime & HBO, I'm a season behind on all of these great shows.



...and the WORST movie I watched this year...
This was so horrible.  I knew it was going to be lame, so why did I move it to the top of my queue and open the envelope when it arrived?  Click on the link and you can own your very own copy for 87 cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment