Tuesday, December 7, 2010

iPod Shuffle: Part 7

In an effort to listen to songs that don't get much intentional play on my iPod, I present Part 7 of my 'iPod Shuffle.'  So, play along with me:  Select 'shuffle' on your mp3 player, write down the first 10 songs that come up and listen to them.  No cheating!  Here are the 10 songs that came up for me.  Please share your ten in the comments section below (you can leave your list anonymously, if you don't want to create an account here).  Hopefully you'll hear something cool that you haven't heard before.  [All song titles are linked to Amazon for you to enjoy]. - Bret


01.  Shadow Project - Hall Of Mirrors
Rozz Williams.  One of his final recordings.  Gorgeous.


02.  The Smiths - Stretch Out And Wait
A great track from The Smiths.  I've heard this one hundreds of times.  'What I do know is we're here and it's now.'


03.  Elliott Smith - Between The Bars
If you aren't familiar with Elliott Smith, check out my review of An Introduction To Elliott Smith and then head over to Amazon to download Between The Bars for FREE.


04.  Human Drama - The World Inside
The title track from their glorious second album.  Audra played with Human Drama several times.  Be sure to check out this album.


05.  Current 93 - To Blackened Earth
I love Current 93.  This one is from 1991's Island.  I'm glad this came up in the shuffle, because I haven't listened to it in a long time.


06.  U2 - The Hands That Built America
It appeared on the Gangs Of New York soundtrack.  Beautiful.


07.  MGMT - Someone's Missing
I still don't know how I feel about the new MGMT album.


08.  Gary Numan - Fold
This is from 2006's Jagged, which I haven't listened to very much.  I saw Gary Numan perform live back in the 90s and he was incredible.


09.  Sheep On Drugs - 15 Minutes Of Fame
This is a fun one.  We played with Sheep On Drugs in 1996.  Good times.


10.  Pulp - Disco 2000
So rad. :)  Look up the lyrics to this one and read along.




No comments:

Post a Comment