Wednesday, December 22, 2010

iPod Shuffle: Part 9

In an effort to listen to songs that don't get much intentional play on my iPod, I present Part 9 of my 'iPod Shuffle.'  So, play along with me:  Select 'shuffle' on your mp3 player, write down the first 10 songs that come up and listen to them.  No cheating!  Here are the 10 songs that came up for me.  Please share your ten in the comments section below (you can leave your list anonymously, if you don't want to create an account here).  


Hopefully you'll hear something cool that you haven't heard before.  - Bret



01.  The Lemonheads - No Backbone
An excellent track from a great band.  This is from their 2006 self-titled album.

02.  Cat Stevens - Where Do The Children Play?
A classic from his Tea For The Tillerman album.


03.  Motley Crue - Same Ol' Situation
A few months back I found the Dr. Feelgood album on vinyl.  It took me right back to senior year in high school.  MTV used to play this video over and over again.


04.  Gitane DeMone - Solitary War
A cool track from Stars Of Trash.  Check out my interview with Gitane here.


05.  Postal Service - Such Great Heights
Cool track.  I've heard this one a bunch of times.


06.  Big Star - Life Is White
From Big Star's second album, Radio City.  Beautiful.


07.  Queensryche - Eyes Of A Stranger
I had this one on cassette back in the day.  Geoff Tate has some amazing vocal chops.


08.  Low - If You Were Born Today
It's cool that a Christmas track came on the shuffle.  :)  From Low's Christmas EP.  Really a cool song.


09.  Little Boots - Stuck On Repeat
Just got this album last week.  Have only had a chance to hear a few tracks so far.  I like it - good dance pop.


10.  The Rolling Stones - Angie
Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment