Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Song Of The Day: Iggy Pop - I Want To Go To The Beach

In 2009, Iggy Pop released an album called Preliminaires.  Imagine an up-scale cocktail bar with a jazz band in the corner of the room - upright bass, drums, guitar and then the singer walks out with his shirt off!  It's got that vibe.  Still maintaining his character, yet applying it to cool jazzy tunes, with even a few songs sung in French - including Iggy's take on the standard Autumn Leaves.  Today's Song Of The Day is  I Want To Go To The Beach.  I really dig this one, so please enjoy.  :)

Support Life On This Planet and purchase through the Amazon link below.
Thank you!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to this! I love it!!!- Monika Wikman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monika. Glad that you enjoyed it. :) - Bret

    ReplyDelete