Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Song Of The Day CHICAGO: Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues

Starting this week, I'm going to be mixing up the way I present the Song Of The Day feature - every song will be from a band/artist from a particular city. This week, it'll be my hometown: Chicago, Illinois

In 1995, my brother and I got to see the legendary, Chicago Blues icon, Buddy Guy, perform at Hayden Square in downtown Tempe, Arizona. Although Guy was born in Louisiana, he has lived most of his life in the Windy City. Today's featured song is the title track from his 1991 album - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues. Be sure to check out the intimate live performance below that he did for Guitar Center - so rad. Please enjoy.


Damn Right, I've Got the Blues (Expanded Edition) - Buddy Guy


Studio Version

Live Version at Guitar Center

No comments:

Post a Comment