Monday, March 26, 2012

Movie Memory. May [2002 - Starring Angela Bettis, Anna Faris, Jeremy Sisto]

If you follow my posts on Facebook, you've (hopefully) enjoyed my weekly Thursday Concert Ticket Stub  Discussion - where I upload a ticket stub from a concert I've attended, and we have some cool discourse about various bands each week. Well, this morning I uncovered a stockpile of movie ticket stubs in a file cabinet and figured that I'd start up a weekly movie discussion. Welcome to Week #1 - feel free to leave comments at the bottom of this page - or head over to my Facebook Page or Twitter. Here we go...





Today's movie:  May
Directed by:  Lucky McKee
Ticket date:  June 16, 2003
Theatre:  Harkins Centerpoint (now closed), Tempe, AZ

I wonder how many of you out there saw this one, because I was the only one in the theatre at the above showing. It's the story of a girl (May - played by Angela Bettis) that grows up with no friends, except for a glass doll that her mom gave her. Her childhood was traumatized by her lack of social interaction and the insecurities developed from having a lazy eye. She makes some awkward 'romantic' friendships with Jeremy Sisto and Anna Faris (who is brilliant, by the way) - but ultimately, it's a depressing film. However, I liked it enough to watch this probably three more times. If you haven't seen it, it's worth your time.

If you have seen it - what did you think of May?

No comments:

Post a Comment