Thursday, May 10, 2012

Song Of The Day 1983: Tears For Fears - Mad World

I am finishing off the week with some great tracks from a few more debut albums that came out in the 1980s. If you haven't seen my list, please check it out here: The 25 Best Debut Albums Of The 1980s - and if you haven't already, subscribe to my daily posts over at the Life On This Planet Facebook Page. Thanks for stopping by.


'Mad World' was the third single taken from the debut album of Tears For Fears. Although The Hurting LP came out in March 1983, the single was released in November 1982. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Michael Andrews / Gary Jules' cover version which appeared in the film Donnie Darko - truly a great remake. If you have never heard the original version, check it out below.

While The Hurting didn't make it onto my Top 25 debut albums list, it did show up as #3 on Mark Heaton's (one of my readers) list. Check that out here: The 25 Best Debut Albums Of The 1980s.


Top Of The Pops Performance

Don't own this album? Fix that now:

No comments:

Post a Comment