Sunday, February 12, 2017

'Love' Songs. Valentine's Day Mix: Part 3

Welcome to Part 3 of our Valentine's Day 'Love' Songs Mix! Love songs come in all forms - some are your basic kind, some are about lost love, and others are a weird, stalker-ish obsessive kind of 'love.'

In this installment, Sarah and I each chose 6 songs - make sure to scroll down to the bottom to tune into our ongoing Valentine's Spotify playlist. If you missed any of the previous parts, you can start at the beginning right here.


Bret's 6

R.E.M. - You are the Everything
From the album Green (1988)
"You are here with me. You have been here and you are everything"

Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Last Beat of My Heart
From the album Peepshow (1988)
"Never to be torn apart. Close to you till the last beat of my heart"

Concrete Blonde - Lullabye
From the album Bloodletting (1990)
"You were meant to be together - like a fog around a mountain, forever and ever"

Lily Allen - Chinese
From the album It's Not Me, It's You (2009)
"I don't want anything more than to see your face when you open the door"

Sinead O'Connor - The Wolf is Getting Married
From the album How About I Be Me (and You Be You)? (2012)
"Your smile makes me smile. Your laugh makes me laugh. Your joy gives me joy. Your hope gives me hope. And the sun's peeping out of the sky, where there used to be only grey. The wolf is getting married and he'll never cry again"

Majical Cloudz - Silver Car Crash
From the album Are You Alone? (2015)
"I am always perfect when I'm holding onto you. And I know love is worth it, I am in perfect love with you"


Sarah's 6

Annie Lennox - Love Song for a Vampire
From Bram Stoker's Dracula soundtrack (1993)
"For there is in all the world no greater love than mine"

Lamb - Gorecki
From the album Lamb (1996)
"Gonna love you until the seas run dry, I've found the one I've waited for"

The Magnetic Fields - The Book of Love
From the album 69 Love Songs (1999)
"But I love it when you read to me and you can read me anything"

Moby - Love Should
From the album Hotel (2005)
"Oh my love, you always leave me surprised"

The National - Slow Show
From the album Boxer (2007)
"You know I dreamed about you for twenty-nine years before I saw you"

Wild Cub - Thunder Clatter
From the album Youth (2013)
"I hear it call in the center of it all - You're the love of my life"

Listen in on Spotify


If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment