Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tofurky

Thanksgiving is approaching in a couple of days. Got the tofurky in the freezer calling my name out... 'Bret... Bret... Bret? 'sup, hoss?'

Yeah. So, this morning I was excited to receive the Big Star box set in the mail right as I was walking out the door. I quickly opened it so that I could take a disc with me. One of the main reasons that I wanted this set, considering that I already have the albums, is that there are a ton of acoustic demos. The ones that I heard were very cool. It's interesting to hear them stripped down to just 12-string and vocals. It creates a whole new mood for the songs that I've heard a bunch of times. I look forward to the rest of the set.

News on the Audra front... Jason and I discussed a March 1st deadline to start recording a new album. We're going to spend the next 3 months writing, as well as preparing for the 2 big shows we have coming up. I'm excited. Gotta go through the archives of songs that we've written over the last several years to finish some songs also. :)

Besides the Big Star disc, today's listening was:

BeeGees - The Best Of (vinyl) - so great, listened twice!
David Bowie - Let's Dance (vinyl)


No comments:

Post a Comment