Wednesday, October 6, 2010

31 Horror Movies in 31 Days: Days 1-5

I love October - tons of Halloween / Horror movies on TV all the time.  Over the last 5 nights I've been watching various horror movies, so tonight I got to thinking... 31 Horror movies in 31 days!  So, I know it's now October 6th, so I'll catch up on the 5 I've watched below and then post each film that I've watched through the end of the month!  Here we go.


October 1, 2010
Let Me In (2010)

The American re-make of the phenomenal Swedish film Let The Right One In.  I've been reading about a lot of people not wanting to see it, because they loved the original so much.  Well, whatever!  This remake is just as good as the original.  Both of the main characters do an excellent job.  I saw this the day it came out.  Go see it.


October 2, 2010
Legion (2010)

The Angel, Michael, comes down to Earth to save the human race.  Not horrible, but not that great either.


October 3, 2010
Children Of The Corn (2009)

I was excited when I was flipping through the channels and this was just starting.  I loved the original Children Of The Corn.  This sucked.  The 2 main characters - so annoying.  The whole movie was focused on them bickering back and forth.  I couldn't even handle it.  The original Isaac was so creepy.  The actor in this one wasn't even scary at all.  Not good.



October 4, 2010
Haunting Of Winchester House (2009)

Wow.  Horrible.  I want my $5 back.


October 5, 2010
Hellraiser (1987)

Hell yeah. I found it at the store for only $5.  I try to watch it every year in October.  My Dad loves this movie too.  We were out to dinner the other night and he told me he watched it the night before!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Legion is a stretch as a horror film, but I appreciate what you are doing so I'll let you have that one :)

    Vince from the grave
    In San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince from the grave: Like music genres, there is a fine line between movie genres sometimes. I knew that calling this 31 Horror Movies would be a little bit subjective, since nothing always fits into anything perfectly. Legion, with its supernatural elements and special effects (aka older lady turning into a demon and crawling on the ceiling and taking a bite out of that guy) was more of a Horror film than The Shining, but everyone categorizes The Shining as horror. Perhaps I should've titled this 31 Scary Movies. But then Legion wasn't very scary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you just picking films at random as you go? I recommend The Exorcist 3 and something with zombies.

    ben from the internet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ben from the world wide web. I have been picking them at random. Some are ones that I've bought recently and haven't watched, rented on netflix/redbox, etc. Thank you for the recommendation. I don't believe I've ever seen Exorcist III, or wait... does that have some older lady in a nursing home crawl on the ceiling? Zombies? Give me a few titles. Thanks Ben!

    ReplyDelete