Wednesday, November 17, 2010

iPod Shuffle: Part 5

In an effort to listen to songs that don't get much intentional play on my iPod, I present Part 5 of my 'iPod Shuffle.'  Many of you have done this on Facebook by selecting Shuffle on your mp3 player, writing down the first 10 songs that come up and listening to them.  No cheating!  Here are the 10 songs that came up for me.  Please share your ten in the comments section below.  Hopefully you'll hear something cool that you haven't heard before. - Bret



I love this song and album so much.  It's one of my favorite albums of all time that I spoke about in a previous blog: 15 Albums That Changed My Life.  Psi Com was Perry Farrell's first band.  Of course, he went on to find greater success with Jane's Addiction, but Psi Com is just as amazing.  Wow, the CD is only a couple of dollars on Amazon.  Click on the song title to get the whole CD.

I haven't listened to Electric Warrior in a while.  Girl is a cool track.

From the third Roxy Music album, Stranded. It was the first one without Brian Eno, who apparently rated it as the best Roxy album.  Sunset is a gorgeous track and I need to listen to this at least a dozen more times today.  :)

Aw yeah.  The opening track to Sonic Temple.  I just love the groove when the verse begins.  Reminds me of high school.

I love the musicianship in Rush and I own several of their albums, but right now this song is giving my anxiety.

Perfect AM Radio 70s Gold.  America was a great band.  I listen to this song frequently.

The first Cure song I remember hearing when I was a kid in the 80s.  If you'd like to read about my favorite Cure songs, please check out my Top 15 here.

Cool.  Not totally familiar with a lot of Merle Haggard, though I like most of what I've heard.

This song was recently unveiled as a leftover track from The Unforgettable Fire album in 1984.  It was one of the first tracks I played when I got home from buying the 25th Anniversary Box Set back in 2009.  You can download Disappearing Act by itself or get the box set which is totally rad.

The opening song to Mazzy Star's first album She Hangs Brightly.  You really should own all three of their albums.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment