Tuesday, February 14, 2012

'Love' Songs. Valentine's Day Mix: Part 2

Welcome to the Second Annual Valentine's Day Playlist! Love songs come in all forms - some are your basic kind, some are about lost love, and some are a weird, stalker-ish obsessive kind of love. 

Click on the titles to purchase any of the songs - or scroll down to the bottom for our ongoing Valentine's Spotify playlist. If you missed Part 1 - check that out right here. So without further hesitation, please enjoy your Valentine's Day Mixtape - Part 2.

Best Coast - Crazy for You
From the album Crazy for You (2010)
"I can't wait for you to get home. I'm always crazy when I miss you"

The Mission - Like a Child Again
From the album Masque (1992)
"You make me feel just like a child, a child again"

Jimi Hendrix - May this be Love
From the album Are You Experienced (1967)
"I have nothing to lose, long as I have you"



Steve Earle - Every Part of Me
From the album I'll Never Get Out of this World Alive (2011)
"I can't promise anything, except that my last breath will bare your name"

The Darkness - Love is Only a Feeling
From the album Permission to Land (2003)
"Cause you came at a time when the pursuit of one true love in which to fall was the be-all and end-all"

INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
From the album Kick (1987)
"I was standing, you were there. Two worlds collided and they could never tear us apart"



Big Star - Blue Moon
From the album Third (1978)
"If demons come while you're under, I'll be a blue moon in the sky"

The Lemonheads - Into Your Arms
From the album Come on Feel the Lemonheads (1993)
"So if I should fall, I know I won't be alone anymore"

The Replacements - Answering Machine
From the album Let it Be (1984)
"How do you say 'I miss you' to an answering machine?"


The Stone Roses - Ten Storey Love Song
From the album Second Coming (1994)
"Ten-story love song, I built this thing for you"

Audra - Silver Music
From the album Everything Changes (2009)
"The names and voices have all gone away. And now all that is left is you"



The The - Love is Stronger than Death
From the album Dusk (1993)
"In our lives we hunger for those we cannot touch - all the thoughts unuttered, and all the feelings unexpressed, play upon our hearts like the mist upon our breath"

Tom Petty - Here Comes My Girl
From the album Damn the Torpedoes (1979)
"When I got that little girl standing right by my side, you know, i can tell the whole wide world to shove it"

Continue to Part 3

Listen in on Spotify


If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment