Monday, August 8, 2011

B-side Of The Day: Mazzy Star - I'm Gonna Bake My Biscuit

If you're reading my blog, chances are you are a pretty big music fan. Like myself, you probably seek out more songs from a band you love, besides just the album tracks. Since bands have been releasing singles, it was common for a non-album track to make the flipside of that record. Sometimes those songs were just throw-aways, other times they were brilliant gems. For the next couple of weeks, these are the songs I'll be presenting to you. I'm hoping you will discover some new tracks that will become favorites. Okay, here we go with Day 1...

Back in 1993, Mazzy Star released an amazingly, beautiful song called Fade Into You. If you bought that single back in the day, then you probably know that there were two b-sides that weren't on the album So Tonight That I Might See. The first one was called Under My Car (check that out here) and the other was a cover of I'm Gonna Bake My Biscuit - originally by blues guitarist/singer Memphis Minnie (check out the original here). The Mazzy Star singles are long out-of-print, so thankfully Capitol Records has made them available on Amazon and iTunes as a collection called Deep Cuts - check out the links below to grab this track and a few other rare Mazzy b-sides. Follow my daily postings by heading over to the Life On This Planet Facebook Page and clicking LIKE. Please enjoy.

Buy 'I'm Gonna Bake My Biscuit' on Amazon MP3
or
Deep Cuts - Mazzy Star




No comments:

Post a Comment