Saturday, February 4, 2012

Planet Rotations #24

In the age of digital music, we tend to skip through albums, listening to one or two tracks - missing some of the deeper cuts that may be brilliant. I am a big fan of the album format, and love to experience the entire album the way the artist intended. Listening to one or two songs is like randomly reading a few chapters of a book and expecting to understand the completed work. Like any music lover, I love to share what I'm listening to and discover some new things from friends. Here's a portion of my playlist for this week. Please put your lists in the comments below, or interact at the Life On This Planet Facebook Page.

This 5-song EP comes out on Tuesday, February 7th, but I already received my vinyl copy. 

Placebo's third LP. 'Slave To The Wage,' 'Black-Eyed,' 'Special K,' etc...

Really strong live album from Iggy Pop, in support of The Idiot LP. Hey, that's David Bowie on keyboards!

The Lemonheads are currently on tour, playing It's A Shame About Ray in its entirety. While working on the 15 Songs Named After Famous Musicians list the other day, I ended up listening to this one.

The more I hear it, the more I'm lovin' it. New favorites are 'Radio' and 'Dark Paradise' 

Zola Jesus - Valusia EP
Just saw her perform this past week in Phoenix. Spectacular. This 4-song EP is a great introduction to her music.


If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)


Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment