Monday, March 19, 2012

Movie Memory: Lost Highway [1997 - Directed by David Lynch]

If you follow my posts on Facebook, you've (hopefully) enjoyed my weekly Thursday Concert Ticket Stub  Discussion - where I upload a ticket stub from a concert I've attended, and we have some cool discourse about various bands each week. Well, this morning I uncovered a stockpile of movie ticket stubs in a file cabinet and figured that I'd start up a weekly movie discussion. Welcome to Week #1 - feel free to leave comments at the bottom of this page - or head over to my Facebook Page or Twitter. Here we go...


Today's movie:  Lost Highway by David Lynch.
Ticket date:  March 14, 1997
Theatre:  Harkins Cornerstone (now closed), Tempe, AZ

I love David Lynch films. Lost Highway - what a bizarre one. My favorite scene is when the character played by Robert Blake hands Bill Pullman a phone to call his own house, and Robert Blake answers the phone. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about - if not, you're probably confused right now - but that's David Lynch for you.

The soundtrack is one of the best [making it to #9 on my 40 Best Soundtracks List]. It featured tracks by Bowie, Nine Inch Nails, Lou Reed, Smashing Pumpkins, Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, etc.

Okay, it's your turn. Lost Highway - whatcha think?  Love it / hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment