Thursday, March 22, 2012

U2 - Zoo TV Tour Sun Devil Stadium October 24, 1992

I am a huge U2 fan. I don't care what anyone else says - they are one of the greats. Songs like 'Bad' and 'A Sort Of Homecoming' from The Unforgettable Fire album made me want to become a musician. Sadly, I missed the famous Tempe show that was immortalized in the Rattle And Hum film - my family had just moved to Arizona from Chicago, and it just wasn't possible.

Then when it came to their indoor Spring '92 US Tour with Pixies - well, that sold out before I even had a chance. So when my birthday rolled around in September, my brother Carl got my 2 tickets for the upcoming show at Sun Devil Stadium. It was glorious. If you'd like to read more about that specific concert - please click here.

As of this post, I've seen U2 four times. Here are the details:

Oct 24, 1992 - Zoo TV Tour @Sun Devil Stadium, AZ w/ The Sugarcubes, Public Enemy
April 28, 2001 - Elevation Tour @America West Arena, AZ w/ PJ Harvey
April 14, 2005 - Vertigo Tour @Glendale Arena, AZ w/ Kings Of Leon
Oct 20, 2009 - 360 Tour @ University of Phoenix Stadium, AZ w/ Black Eyed Peas

I would love to hear about your U2 live experiences. Please feel free to leave comments below - or interact at my Facebook / Twitter Pages.

If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)


Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment