Sunday, October 10, 2010

31 Horror Movies in 31 Days: Day 9

Day 9 of my Horror Film Marathon

October 9, 2010
Don't Look Up (2009)

Went out for a cup of coffee last night and perused the selection of one of those Red Box DVD machines. Settled on Don't Look Up, a film based on a short story from the guy who brought us The Ring.  There are some pretty well known actors in here:  Henry Thomas (E.T.), Eli Roth (Inglorious Bastards, Hostel) and Carmen Chaplin (granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin).  Don't Look Up started with a good premise:  a film crew is shooting a remake of an 80-year old film in Transylvania that was never finished due to strange unknown circumstances.  All kinds of supernatural events and chaos occur.  I couldn't wait for it all to be over with so I could sort through some junk mail on my kitchen table.  Not recommended.

1 comment:

  1. I can write more interesting than junk mail. You've got to check out my poems. We should write a horror tale together, or join allpoetry.com and compete in a Halloween contest (I'll host one, and you can try your quill with some of the veterans).

    ReplyDelete