Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Psychedelic Furs. The 20 Best Songs

The Psychedelic Furs are out on the road celebrating the 30th Anniversary of their second album, Talk Talk Talk. A criminally under-rated band, The Furs remain one of my favorites of all time. Although they frequently tour, they are long overdue for a new album - it's been 20 years since their last studio album, World Outside.

Tonight I've been sitting here with my headphones on, assembling this Best Of List... so many great songs to choose from - and after much deliberation...I think I've finally got it right. I now present to you the 20 Best Songs of The Psychedelic Furs. Click on the title to purchase a song - or scroll down to the bottom for a Spotify playlist. Please enjoy.


20. Wrong Train

Released as bonus track on the Live from the House of Blues DVD (2001)

19. Sometimes

From the album World Outside (1991)

18. Run And Run
Released as single (1993); appeared on the album Forever Now (1982)


17. Like A Stranger
From the album Mirror Moves (1984)

16. All That Money Wants

Released as single; and on All of This and Nothing (1988)

15. Highwire Days

From the album Mirror Moves (1984)


14. Forever Now
From the album Forever Now (1982)

13. Heartbreak Beat

Released as single (1986); appeared on the album Midnight to Midnight (1987)

12. Sister Europe

Released as single; appeared on the album The Psychedelic Furs (1980)


11. Angels Don't Cry
Released as single (1986); appeared on the album Midnight to Midnight (1987)

10. Love My Way

Released as single; appeared on the album Forever Now (1982)

09. In My Head

From the album World Outside (1991)


08. Get A Room
From the album World Outside (1991)

07. Imitation Of Christ

From the album The Psychedelic Furs (1980)

06. Pretty In Pink

Released as single; appeared on the album Talk Talk Talk (1981)


05. All Of The Law
From the album Midnight to Midnight (1987)

04. Until She Comes

Released as single; appeared on the album World Outside (1991)

03. Alive (For Once In My Lifetime)

Released as single: and as bonus track on Beautiful Chaos: Greatest Hits Live (2001)


02. Heaven
Released as single; appeared on the album Mirror Moves (1984)

01. The Ghost In You

Released as single; appeared on the album Mirror Moves (1984)


If you're a vinyl enthusiast, check out our feature on the Spin Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine (click image below)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

8 comments:

  1. Top 15: Not in order

    Like A Stranger
    Until She Comes
    Love My Way
    President Gas
    Sometimes
    Heartbreak Beat
    All Of The Law
    Here Come Cowboys
    Get A Room
    India
    All That Money Wants
    In My Head
    Run And Run
    Pulse
    Pretty In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lew, except for a few of them, it's almost identical to mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve Kilbey's favourite band and what a great band indeed! I could never leave Into you like a train off a Psych Furs best of list though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great song! Such high energy. Have you heard Richard Butler's solo album? Amazing: http://brethelm.blogspot.com/2011/07/album-memories-week-11-richard-butler.html

      Delete
  4. Cool list. I am wondering what you feel their best song is played live? I saw the Furs when World Outside came out. It was a fantastic show. One thing I notice about some of the best bands, particularly The Cure, is that many of their songs are better live. I'd love your opinion. As for my top Furs songs, that's tough … I've always been partial to Love my way, Ghost in you, Heaven and, quite frankly, the entire World Outside album, start to finish. I love the way it opens with Valentine. Thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. World Outside was a underrated and I still give it a regular Spin

      Delete
  5. I can't accept a list like this without House. It is their masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to threw in a few solo Butler songs like Satellite 😁

    ReplyDelete